January 2020 Do Your Homework!
This month’s GlobalEdSsChat team discusses the value of homework using the following questions as a guide for the conversation:
1. Do you think homework is important? Why or why not?
2. How has homework affected you (positively and/or negatively)? Explain
3. What alternatives to homework can you suggest?
4. Many say homework teaches responsibility. Do you agree with this? Explain.
5. What type of homework do you enjoy the most/learn the most from?
Dr. Ilene Winokur has lived in Kuwait for 35 years and recently retired as the Director of the Foundation Program Unit (Math and English) at Gulf University for Science and Technology (GUST). She taught and was an administrator at the early childhood and elementary levels, in addition to teaching and administration at the college level in private institutions in Kuwait for twenty-five years. She is currently blogging about her experiences living in Kuwait and providing support to refugee teachers.