How to Pick a Uni Program (Or Not)
Attention high schoolers navigating post-secondary choices! Are you overwhelmed with the decisions of choosing a post-secondary pathway that will be right for you? Look no further, because this episode is jam-packed with valuable advice from Michelle, as she busts popular myths, provides insightful guidance, a deeper look into the post-secondary pathways, and key resources to support you during this pivotal time. Most importantly, there is no wrong path – just steps toward a fulfilling education and life. Reach out to CanGap for personalized guidance and crafting your future journey! Topics Discussed
- Decisions aren’t permanent: Remember, post-secondary choices can and should evolve with you over time.
- Exploration over perfection: We advocate for exploring various pathways rather than stressing about finding the “perfect” one (especially right out of high school!)
- Assessing YOUR life at Post-Secondary: Michelle discusses the many aspects of post-secondary, and prompts listeners to envisions their life at post-secondary.
- No wrong path: Emphasising that all forms of education have value, Michelle encourages personalised journeys without the pressure of a “right” choice.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- OnTransfer: https://ontransfer.ca/i/ontransfer+home
- Get support to light up your gap year! Book a free 30-min call: https://www.cangap.ca/call
Connect With The Canadian Gap Year Association
- Join “Gapper Connect” on Discord to connect with students thinking about a gap year, current Gappers, and alum all in one place! https://www.cangap.ca/gapperconnect
- Find more resources at the Can Gap website https://www.cangap.ca/
- Follow on Instagram http://www.instagram.com/cangapassociation/
- Follow on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ucangap
- Follow on Twitter https://twitter.com/ucangap
- Follow on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuBit8gLXEOxaBggoGmykjQ