Ep 20 Hayley McQuire
In Episode 20 Nick talks with Hayley McQuire about: An Indigenous Perspective of the Future and Past of Education
– Is what we have been doing preparing our youth for the future?
– Recognising different cultural lenses and Cultural Intelligence
– The importance of community
– Acknowledging the past to assist in moving forward
– Understanding your place in the world
– Great examples of where the emerging future is already happening
– Coming together around the ‘Wicked Problem’
– What is education for and the possibilities around community ownership and responsibility
– What legacy do you want to leave for 7 generations from now?
Bio for Podcast:
Co-Founder and National Coordinator of the National Indigenous Youth Education Coalition.
Passionate about supporting young people to be critical and active drivers in our education ecosystem, where Indigenous ways of knowing, being and doing are embedded and tied to the aspirations of both Indigenous Nations and our young people.
Committed to building on the work of my Old People who paved the way in Indigenous education and facilitating opportunities to share and learn with Indigenous Peoples internationally.
Former Australian Representative on the Youth Advocacy Group (YAG) for the United Nations Global Education First Initiative. The YAG acted as an advisory body, which represents and gives voice to the views of youth around the world on education.
Also, former UNICEF Australia Youth Ambassador, GPE Youth Champion and presenter of the Deadly Vibe on Radio 4US Rockhampton