EP 01 – Peter Bishop
In Episode 1 Nick talks with Dr Peter C. Bishop about:
– The current state of education
– Where are the ‘cracks where the light gets in’
– What should we be teaching students?
– What’s important for education for students and teachers to bring about a better future including:
– Changing how teachers teach
– Unlearning unhelpful Mindsets
– The importance of educating parents
– The importance of ‘It depends..’
– The danger of polarities
– What is measured is what is important
– The risk of going for the easy answer as opposed to the right answer
Dr. Peter C. Bishop is the Founder and Executive Director of Teach the Future, an organization whose mission is to encourage and support educators who want to include futures thinking in their classes and schools at all levels. In 2013, Dr. Bishop retired as a Professor Emeritus of Strategic Foresight and Director of the graduate program in Foresight at the University of Houston.
He has published two books on Strategic Foresight: Thinking about the Future: Guidelines for Strategic Foresight (2007) and Teaching about the Future: The Basics of Foresight Education (2012), both with co-author Andy Hines.