9 Thoughts for Successful Daily Lesson Plans – 188
Planning is important. Being successful in the classroom requires planning. Planning means taking time for reflection and a focus on what needs to be done and how you are going to do it. Last episode, I shared my 10 Secret Ingredients for Better Unit Planning. Today, I am talking about my:
9 Thoughts for Successful Daily Lesson Plans
1. What are you trying to accomplish each day?
2. Block or Chunk Time
3. Think engagement – How?
4. How will you know if they are getting it?
5. Specific activities for expanding understanding of the content vocabulary.
6. How you will begin/close.
7. Be flexible.
8. Use small group activities and learning centers to provide opportunities for practice.
9. Daily plans should always be driven by individual needs.
Remember – planning is important and an essential tool for helping us assist kids in achieving their dreams.
Thanks for listening.
Lesson Plan Templates
(As with anything find what works for you but work to include what I talk about in the episode.)
Dave Burgess and Teach Like a Pirate
Assessment Strategies (Stickies, mini-whiteboards, and more)
Laura Robb’s Vocabulary is Comprehension
My interview with Laura Robb about Vocabulary is Comprehension
Length – 17:55