16 – Simone Planté AI developments and implications for living and learning
In Episode 16 Nick talks with Simone Planté about:
– Is AI the electricity of the future?
– Dystopia or Utopia in relation to AI
– The importance of ethics in the development of AI in relation to biases
– No-code algorithms and therefore reduced need to learn coding
– The importance of creativity, ethics and debating for students
– What we all need to know about AI
– O2O – offline to online in education and learning
– AI in Education in China
– When do we allow augmentation and when don’t we?
Bio for Podcast:
Simone is passionate about artificial intelligence for positive human impact. Simone has spent over 20 years working with, advising and investing in technology companies globally: as an investment banker, entrepreneur and Venture Capital Partner. Simone is Founder and Managing Partner of HumAIn Capital, based in Sydney, advising organisations and investing in Artificial Intelligence & deep tech for positive human impact.
She is passionate about complex systems and “O2O”: bridging the gap between Offline (human systems) and Online (artificial intelligent systems). Simone began her career in investment banking with Morgan Stanley corporate finance, working with some of the leading technology pioneers in Silicon Valley, followed by founding several tech startups with successful exits. After living abroad for over 20 years: in San Francisco, New York, London and Hong Kong, Simone recently returned to Australia.