143 – SPARK – 9 Ways That Corona Will Improve K-12 Education
9 Ways That Corona Will Improve K-12 Education:
1. Improved responses to learning inequities.
2. Increased attention to the social-emotional needs of learners.
3. Refined assessment practices.
4. Increased emphasis on skills over content.
5. Greater investment in asynchronous teaching practices.
6. Increased reliance on horizontal sharing and learning in community.
7. A clarified vision of teachers as learners.
8. Increased flexibility and choice in high school schedules.
9. Strengthened student agency, autonomy, and empowerment.
Welcome to SPARKS: mini-segments intended to spark your thinking and ignite your practice. These short episodes are based on my written reflections, which you can find on the Teachers on Fire Magazine at Medium.com.
Read the blog post featured in this episode at https://medium.com/teachers-on-fire/9-ways-that-corona-will-improve-k-12-education-fd8a33296997?source=friends_link&sk=5ec06f308988ee35cef95d1b2fd3c8e5.
My name is Tim Cavey, and I’m proud to contribute to the education conversation through the Teachers on Fire podcast. Make sure to connect with me @TeachersOnFire on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook to catch more from me and hear from amazing educators who are bringing growth and transformation to K-12 education today.
And if you’re interested in hearing more audio blog content like this episode, make sure you subscribe to the Teacher Blogs podcast. If you’re hearing this episode on a mobile device, just search for the Teacher Blogs podcast on the very same podcast player you’re using right now.
Connect with me …
On Twitter @TeachersOnFire (https://twitter.com/TeachersOnFire)
On Instagram @TeachersOnFire (https://www.instagram.com/teachersonfire/)
On Facebook @TeachersOnFire (https://www.facebook.com/TeachersOnFire/)
On YouTube @Teachers On Fire (https://www.youtube.com/c/teachersonfire)
Visit the home of Teachers on Fire at https://teachersonfire.net/.
Song Track Credits:
Sunrise Drive by South London Hifi
Anthem by The Grand Affair
*All songs retrieved from the YouTube Audio Library at https://www.youtube.com/audiolibrary/.
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/teachersonfire/support