As teachers we have these little thoughts all the time. We reflect on the day, a technique, a concept, maybe a paradigm. voicEd Radio is all about hearing your voice, and this is how our new show is going to help. EduRants, are just that, a quick rant about education, from educators. This is your time to reflect, what have you been thinking about lately in class, what epiphany has recently happened, what is important to you?
This show is a unique one. Instead of running a complete hour, we are going to sprinkle these rants throughout the programming of voicEd Radio.
How do you prepare an EduRant?
- Have an idea that you want to talk about
- Record your rant (you can use your computer, a USB mic, or even your phone will work fine! (voice memo on iphone is a good one.))
- Please try not to pre-write this rant
- Take a minute and let it come out, this is when true radio magic happens
- Be sure to introduce yourself, who you are, what your role in education is and where you are from
- Don’t go over 5 mins
- Choose a song to play after your rant that should relate to your rant
- Drop your rant here
- In the file name include: your name and the song name
There you have it, super easy! These little nuggets are very important to get out there and will help enrich the Voiced Radio stream. Take a moment and record a rant, maybe challenge co-workers, do a rant each at a staff meeting, let’s get creative folks!
Let’s change the way we talk about education