My colleague [@pamsheena] and I wanted to wrap together a summary of our professional learning from this school year.
The keywords or buzzwords were written on decks of playing cards in sharpie. The decks were 1$ each from a local dollar store.
- We landed on a wordcloud concept.
- We wanted an artifact to hold in our hands.
- We loved the volume : The volume of terms was overwhelming.
- We were blown away by the connections between provocations.
- Some of them we couldn’t clearly define.
- We made it to 162 words (3 decks) in less than 30 minutes.
- Both of us reviewed our journals, social media feeds, and anecdotal notes to get authentic representation from 2016-2017.
- Ice breaker in PD sessions
- Flashcard keyword review
- Schema disruption / concept building – what happens when three random cards are forced to create meaning?
- Card values could be blended into provocations ie find another 9 or Q
- Informative on ramp for new team members
- Goal setting for new school year. Distributive engagement.
- Forget the provocations, just use them for poker.
Let me know where you go with this.